Audi has a habit of producing some rather decent adverts. There was the epic sounding R8 V10 plus one from a couple of years ago, and further back there’s the Audi 100 quattro driving up a ski jump. However, this latest one is rather bold, even by Ingolstadt’s usual standards. Take a look for yourself – our comments are below:
Yeah … we’re a little bit lost for words with this one. The new RS 3 Sportback is a technically accomplished car, and does essentially have half of an R8 V10 engine, with its 2.5 litre five-cylinder motor. We just never thought we’d see the day one was ‘birthed’ out of the back-end of another car – quite graphically, too.
It does lead us to wonder quite a few questions, such as:
- Is this what pushed Ferdinand Piëch to step down as chairman of the Volkswagen Group?
- Who is the father of the RS 3?
- What’s the gestation period for a new Audi RS 3?
- Isn’t that a previous generation R8?
- Does this mean all Audi R8s are technically female?
- Did we honestly just watch one car give birth to another?!
So many questions, so few answers.
We’ve no doubt at some point somebody will try to get it banned from somewhere for scaring children or something. But we do, however, salute Audi for the bravery in making such a video.